JEFFERSON COUNTY LIBRARY
PUBLIC SERVICES POLICY NO: PUB02-7
GUEST PRESENTERS AT LIBRARY SPONSORED PROGRAMS
ADOPTED: July 15, 2002
The Library plans and presents a full complement of programs for children and adults as part of its mission to provide for the educational, informational, and recreational needs of its patrons. From time to time, the library will invite guest presenters to participate in programs that are sponsored by the library. All guest presenters must agree to abide by the rules set forth in the Guidelines for Guest Presenters at Library Sponsored Programs.
Guidelines for Guest Presenters at Library Sponsored Programs
- Guest presenters affiliated with a business or corporation are not permitted to promote their specific business and/or product as part of the information session. Exempt from this requirement are authors or performers who come to speak about their creations and are permitted to sell their books or non-print media.
- The names, addresses, and phone numbers of program participants may not be solicited in any manner.
- After the program, business cards may be distributed to program participants who request them.
- Publicity of library-sponsored programs is the responsibility of the library. Guest presenters will not initiate any publicity for programs without prior approval by library staff.
- The library may mention the affiliation of presenters in promotional materials. This does not constitute endorsement, merely acknowledgement.
I have read and agree to abide by the following guidelines.