Jefferson County Library District
Interlibrary Loan Guidelines
September 26, 2000
Revised March 1, 2006
Revised May 10, 2010
Revised March 21, 2012
1. Patrons requesting an interlibrary loan must not have any outstanding fines/charges or overdue materials
on their record.
2. Only five title requests or 2 microform requests per patron will be accepted at one time. Exceptions to
this limit can be made with the approval of branch reference staff, pursuant to the lending library’s policy.
3. ILL overdues will be $1.00 per day.
4. Interlibrary loan privileges may be suspended if the patron fails to pick up a requested item, returns an
item late or damaged, or loses an item.
5. Requesting patrons will pay for any return postage charges above two pounds.
6. Requests for items owned by JCL will not be submitted unless the item has been lost, is missing or is
considered ”long overdue“.
1. Photocopies will be provided at $.30 per page; microform copies at $.30 per image. There is a minimum
$2.00 charge. These fees may be precluded by any reciprocal agreements we may have with other
2. No overdue charges will be assessed to borrowing libraries.
3. Loan period will be one month to borrowing libraries with one renewal of up to one month allowed.
4. JCL participates in the Get Connected courier service.
5. JCL is a non-OCLC Missouri Interlibrary Loan Group Access participant.